Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 10 NFL Predictions

What kind of person are you?

One important question people might ask you in an attempt to gauge your personality is whether you are a glass half full type of person or a glass half empty. The difference between these two is apparently seeing the positive end of the situation or the negative end. Frankly, either way you're gonna need either a refill or some smaller glasses. For example, I could look at my pick set score of 10-3 and ESPN's of 9-4 and be upset about it. I could look at it and grumble about how I only gained one game on them for the year. Or I could welcome the narrowing of the gap, however small the movement. For the year so far, ESPN has a slight lead on me, 88-42 over 83-47.

I'd like to take this opportunity to respond to some of the comments that my reader's have left on my blog. Unfortunately, I do not have any recent comments on my blog. So, since I'm a glass half full kind of guy, I figure'd I'd take comments from other stories and respond to them, just so as to not feel left out.


Give Paterno a break; maybe he didn't know what was happening. Have you seen those glasses he wears? I'm surprise he can see anything.

CF: Well, I'm not personally aware of his prescription, but I have heard that they double as welding shields, football pad chestplates and bulletproof vests, so you might have a point there.



This is stupid, honestly if Roger Goodell had it his way, every NFL player would wear a thong, wearing pink jerseys, & playing "touch" football....smh...

CF: Well first off, they already have that league, its called the Lingerie Football League and yes, unfortunately they hit harder than the NFL does these days. Honestly though, even Goodell doesn't want to see those linemen in thongs.


Foot E 37 minutes ago Report Abuse

Boring! Yawn Yawn! All these flicks are boring. Even the actors, The albino down-syndrome vampire (patinson) talks like he's falling asleep. Lautner's balls haven't even dropped yet! I mean come on! His voice sounds like he's in the 3rd grade....A 3rd grader that's juiced up. And Stewert, Sorry girl but there's just something about you that's not likeable. Unless these people plan on being vampires or warewolves the rest their lives, I think these movies have set this generation back. It's not even a good love story like every tween or mother says they are.. ok im done hating now. bye bye and hope to never hear about these movies again.

CF: Hmmm. Well I have dissected all of your complex language and I have a few questions of my own. Is Spelling a priority in your life? You mentioned 3rd grade, but there's not a whole lot of an indication that it went well for you. Did you fail 3rd grade? Possibly because you were too busy "hating"?  Could I interest you in a ticket to the final Twilight movie? 




Alright, enough of that. Whew, maybe its a good thing I don't get comments on my blog. Just Kidding. Honestly though, its really tough that I can't hug each and every one of you, i mean, I just love people, and when I think of how many people I can't hug I just..I can't...sorry,  I'm getting so emotional. Heres the predictions:

Houston vs. Tampa Bay
ESPN Pick: Houston 27 Tampa Bay 21
Committed Fan Pick: Houston 28 Tampa Bay 14

Its no secret that Tampa Bay has been a big disappointment this year, while Houston has been on fire this season. I'm expecting this won't go well for the Bucs.

New Orleans vs. Atlanta
ESPN Pick: Atlanta 24 New Orleans 23
Committed Fan Pick: New Orleans 27 Atlanta 24

Its never a safe bet to go against Drew Brees and his Saints, especially after their dominating win over the Bucs last week.

Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh
ESPN Pick: Cincinnati 24 Pittsburgh 14
Committed Fan Pick: Pittsburgh 24 Cincinnati 17

Andy Dalton will rule this division one day, but this year, it is Big Ben's Steeler's who will control the division, and it starts with this game.

St. Louis vs. Cleveland
ESPN Pick: St. Louis 23 Cleveland 20
Committed Fan Pick: St. Louis 21 Cleveland 16

Nothing too exciting here, as neither team has proved anything more than middling status this year. Colt McCoy seems to be filling the position in Cleveland quite well these days.

Dallas vs. Buffalo
ESPN Pick: Dallas 24 Buffalo 20
Committed Fan Pick: Buffalo 28 Dallas 21

Buffalo desperately needs to score some points and pick up  a win this week after last week's drubbing. All is not lost for Buffalo, if they can string some more key wins together.

Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis
ESPN Pick: Jacksonville 24 Indianapolis 20
Committed Fan Pick: Jacksonville 21 Indianapolis 17

Yawn. With only two victories and 15 losses between them, these two teams last any of the qualities that make a game exciting. Blackout. Blackout. Blackout.


Kansas City vs. Denver
ESPN Pick: Kansas City 24 Denver 19
Committed Fan Pick: Denver 24 Kansas City 16

Tim Tebow is not a good passer. He's nod even a quarterback who can run. He is  running back who can occasionally throw. However, he seems to be able to win by doing that, so we'll see if he can hold onto his job.


Washington vs. Miami
ESPN Pick: Washington 20 Miami 24
Committed Fan Pick: Washington 18 Miami 21

Miami looked good against the Chiefs last week and played the Giants extremely well the week before that. Matt Moore is definately more talented than people give him credit for.


Philadelphia vs. Arizona
ESPN Pick: Philadelphia 30 Arizona 10
Committed Fan Pick: Philadelphia 27 Arizona 13

That awkward moment when Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie picks off John Skelton and takes it to the house. Alright not gonna happen, but it'd be cool if it did.


Carolina vs. Tennessee
ESPN Pick: Carolina 24 Tennessee 20
Committed Fan Pick: Carolina 21 Tennessee 20

Both of these teams are just missing one piece of the puzzle. If they find out what that piece is, they could end up being quite decent.


Baltimore vs. Seattle
ESPN Pick: Baltimore 17 Seattle 10
Committed Fan Pick: Baltimore 21 Seattle 13

Even with the game in Seattle, I'm gonna predict a bit more offense than ESPN. Ray Rice may have trouble finding open space, so we may see more of an untested Raven's passing attack.


San Francisco vs. New York (Giants)
ESPN Pick: San Francisco 17 New York 14
Committed Fan Pick: San Francisco 21 New York 14

This game is crucial for San Francisco to prove that they belong in discussion about the leagues best teams. A big win here against a tough Giant's squad will get them the respect they deserve.


New England vs. New York (Jets)
ESPN Pick: New England 24 New York 23
Committed Fan Pick: New York 24 New England 23

I don't predict a sweep here. I think the Jets will come out fired up and ready to play, and I have just seen way too much to not like about the Patriots defense this year.


San Diego vs. Oakland
ESPN Pick: San Diego 27 Oakland 19
Committed Fan Pick: San Diego 24 Oakland 21

The Charger's showed last week that they can put up some serious points in a hurry. If Oakland establishes a strong running game, this may turn into a shootout, which benefits San Diego.


Green Bay vs. Minnesota
ESPN Pick: Green Bay 31 Minnesota 14
Committed Fan Pick: Green Bay 27 Minnesota 14

The Packers have not yet lost this season, and I doubt it happens this week against the struggling Viking's.


Detroit vs Chicago
ESPN Pick: Chicago 21 Detroit 20
Committed Fan Pick: Chicago 24 Detroit 20

Once again, no sweep here, as the Bears will  be looking to get revenge for the loss the first time these teams met.



No comments:

Post a Comment